Hello! My name is Sarah Kim.
I picked up my first nib in 2013 and haven't been able to stop writing since. I enjoy using calligraphy and lettering to create beautiful pieces in celebration of different occasions and people. My faith plays a role in the way I try to interact with others and communicate my art. I aim to encourage others through the joy I receive from Jesus Christ.
When I am not freelancing, I am pursuing a career in medical illustration. I will complete my Master's in Biomedical Communications at the University of Toronto by Spring 2016. I want to visualize important scientific and medical ideas in clear, compelling, and innovative ways. I have a heart for smart design, patient education, and mental health. Check out my professional website here.
- I'm an ENFJ. Apparently that means I'm overly idealistic and a little too sensitive ;)
- Nothing beats cheese, from cheesy jokes to cheesy pasta. I'm thinking of naming my first daughter Brie.
- I am almost always in the mood for '80s rock.
- I've watched every single season of the Bachelor, the Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad, and Bachelor in Paradise since it aired in 2002 (I was ten years old)...
- I love hard working people. They are super attractive!!
- I am self-diagnosed with a subset of trypophobia... *shudders*
- I worked four years in an anatomy lab preparing human cadavers. Nothing scares me now!
- I have an obsession with KFC chicken skin. I will trade you my chicken for your skin.
- My ideal date: walking hand-in-hand and exploring new streets and cities with a camera and a coffee.
- I don't want to stay in Toronto forever but I don't know where I'll go yet.
Take a look at my résumé.
Work featured in: